How to print on notification printers from tablet or other remote computer?
Consider the situation: you have one server computer and a kitchen printer connected to the server computer by USB cable.
And you have one tablet computer running Windows 8 or 10. In order to print from the tablet computer on the kitchen printer you need to do the following steps:
- On the server computer go to Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Printers and Faxes.
- Locate your kitchen printer.
- Right click on the printer.
- Click on Printer Properties.
- Go to Sharing tab.
- Check "Share this printer" option.
- Into "Share Name" field put any name you want for the printer. For example, you may put Kitchen.
Now your kitchen printer is shared using a standard Windows printer sharing method.
To check that it works fine you may take your tablet computer:
- In Windows press Start button.
- Go to Network.
- Locate server computer. For example, name of the server computer is SERVERNAME.
- Click on the server computer name: SERVERNAME.
- On the right you will see your kitchen printer Kitchen.
Now you may also add the kitchen printer go the tablet computer. This is an optional step.
- On the tablet computer go to Printers and Faxes.
- Press Add a printer button.
- Select Network printer as printer type.
- On will the the list of accessible network printers.
- You should see the line:
- Printer Name Address
- Kitchen on SERVERNAME \\SERVERNAME\Kitchen
- Thus you may add the printer and give the name to it Kitchen.
Now start Abacre Point of Sale.
Go to menu Configuration - Notification Printers.
Add a printer if it was not added yet.
The most important is that in Logical Device Name field you need to add:
Also instead of SERVERNAME you may use server's computer IP address. For example, if IP address is 192.168.0.102 then you may use:
Note: the same way you may use bill/receipt printer connected to the server computer. Using the similar actions go to menu Configuration - Bill Configuration - Printer. Press Choose Printer button. And select your bill/receipt printer from the list. Before doing that you need to add the bill/receipt as network printer.