AFR - Not finding text inside file

General discussions about Advanced Find and Replace
zilog357

AFR - Not finding text inside file

Post by zilog357 »

Dear gentlemen,

I have two issues with the Advanced Find and Replace software:

1. I just downloaded the trial version to see if it meets my needs. Looks like the software does not support 4-character extension files. As an example, if I do a search inside a folder for any file containing the string or text "example", it can find it if it is inside "whatever.txt" or inside "whatever.php", but it does not find it inside "whatever.json". How can this be fixed? By the way, the masks I am using are: *.htm;*.txt;*.php;*.css;*.xml;*.js;*.tpl,*.json,*.inc

2. Seems like I can't find anywhere a link for registering the software. I wanted to know how much it is for a personal license in case the problem above can be solved.

I will appreciate your feedback on this matter.

Kind regards,

Rick

zilog357

Re: AFR - Not finding text inside file

Post by zilog357 »

UPDATE:

The questions are still the same, but question #1 seems to be with the ".json" extension.

I renamed the file to "Whatever.html" and "Whatever.js" and it found the searched text in both files. However, looks like there is no way to make AFR look inside the .json file even when it is a plain text file with the .json extension.

Any help?

Regards,

Rick

JeffB

Post by JeffB »

I have the registered version. I can select "All Files *.*" under the mask. I can also type an entry on that line (e.g. *.wpd) and then it searches WordPerfect files. So I do not see any reason you couldn't type "*.json" etc. or select all files to make the changes you need. I will add that after i typed *.wpd, the program did search and make changes in a WordPerfect file (I had never tried this before - to date I have only used it for Word files).

As for purchasing the product, go to the Abacre.com home page, select "Advanced Find and Replace" on the left column, then select Purchase from the left column, then select "Individual Users". Scroll down and you will see a home license is $29.99. If for use in an office setting, a single user license is $39.99.

I have the $39.99 license and found this to be a bargain! The program works very well for find/replace global searches within a directory - something lacking in Word.

Good luck!

zilog357

Post by zilog357 »

Thank you very much JeffB for the helpful info. You're great!

If I define *.json in the mask, it does not find it in any way.

On the other hand, if I use *.* as you suggested, it finds it.

Thank you for the purchasing info too.

Kind regards