Abacre Hotel Management & Point of Sale

General discussions about Abacre Hotel Management System
niltonomnunes

Abacre Hotel Management & Point of Sale

Post by niltonomnunes »

I am sure many of the Abacre solutions users wonder about as i do to because i am looking to deploy a solution which can cover and at the best control all the workflow in different areas from a centralized location(server/database) especially if the covering area is too big to be jumping around from one workstation to the other in the event that something goes wrong!
Well my question in this case and as the topic suggests is or better yet, let me layout a scenario:

1. Workstations running point of sale at the bar + restaurant

2. Workstation running hotel management at my front-desk

I have option 2 running just fine over network but i am wondering how good it would be to also be able to network option 1 on the same database as option 2!!!
Is it possible?

Abacre team please help or anyone with the knowledge to just confirm if it can be done.

Abacre
Site Admin

Re: Abacre Hotel Management & Point of Sale

Post by Abacre »

Yes. All Abacre products: Abacre Hotel Management System, Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale and Abacre Retail Point of Sale may work in network on the same database.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

niltonomnunes

Post by niltonomnunes »

Abacre wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:36 am
Yes. All Abacre products: Abacre Hotel Management System, Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale and Abacre Retail Point of Sale may work in network on the same database.

Hi Abacre Team,

Thanks for confirming that, will jump into action straight away and i'm sure all will work just fine.

naxym

Post by naxym »

We cannot assign categories to printer notifications as there is no button or a text box to choose the printer

niltonomnunes

Post by niltonomnunes »

Sorry to hear that :shock:
I did manage to connect printer notifications to item categories without any hassles and it works just fine, tested on 2 workstations at different locations over network.

naxym

Post by naxym »

The Program which I'm using I cannot see any dropdown box to connect the notification printer of the categories.

Abacre
Site Admin

Post by Abacre »

First you need to create the notication printers on menu Configuration - Notification Printers.
For example, you may add one printer for kitchen and one printer for bar.
Then go to menu Configuration - Menu item categories. You may create needed number of categories and then assign one notification printer to each category.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

niltonomnunes

Post by niltonomnunes »

Hi there Abacre team,

Reason why i was brought here is the following:

1. Warehousing
2. Laundry items
3. Room Cleaning Status

1. I think i can cover this one with "abacre inventory management", will give it a try and let you know.
2. How do i setup laundry items in "abacre hotel management system" for the laundry items my customers need processed?
3. How do i setup "abacre hotel management system" to automatically change room cleaning status from clean to dirty upon processing a check-out?