barcode field

General discussions about Abacre Retail Point of Sale
Robin289

barcode field

Post by Robin289 »

Hello,

I recently bought your software and there are 4 issues i'm dealing with right now.

1. I can scan a product which appears on the order and when I search a product by categorie (for products which have no barcode) I am not able to scan a product again untill I click on the field where the barcode has to be filled in.
Is it possible to keep the field always open for barcode, so that I have not to click into the field everytime? It also happens when I close an order, than I have to click again in that field. When I forget to click in the field and scan the product it puts a totally different product on the order with a big quantity.

2. Is it also possible to make a searchfield by product name for products without barcode? I have like 2000 products in my store and some of them have no barcode and it takes to much time to search in the categories.

3. When I have 8 different product on the order with a big quantity and I have to delete 1 product on the order it takes me a lot of time to press the item and push the remove button. Is it possible to delete the selected product with all it's quantity's in 1 click?

4. And my last question. Is it possible to delete old and closed orders, I haven't seen any button to delete them. Or can I go to a folder somewhere they are located?

I am very pleased with the software and it's much easier now. Thank you for that.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Robin Meijer

Abacre
Site Admin

Re: barcode field

Post by Abacre »

Robin289 wrote: 4. And my last question. Is it possible to delete old and closed orders, I haven't seen any button to delete them. Or can I go to a folder somewhere they are located?
Go to Orders window.
There are two buttons:
1. Delete Order
2. Delete Orders
These buttons are disabled for security reasons. Because deleting orders physically removes orders from database.
Go to menu Configuration - Preferences - Orders.
Check the options
1. "Show Delete Order button"
2. "Only admins can delete orders".
So only you as administrator may log in and delete orders.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

Ayanda

Re: barcode field

Post by Ayanda »

Hi

Has there been a solution for question 1 or is it fixed on later versions?

Regards