How to remove items from orders and other questions

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
jith312

How to remove items from orders and other questions

Post by jith312 »

I made couple different users and they are not admin and they can't remove items on the order after they make mistake to put wrong item.

Every time we close order it print receipt automatically even customer don't want it. I need to change it.

When we put enter cash we receive, I like to create short cut button for exact change, $5, $10, $20 like common bill.

Abacre
Site Admin

Re: How to remove items from orders and other questions

Post by Abacre »

I made couple different users and they are not admin and they can't remove items on the order after they make mistake to put wrong item.
Usually your non-admin users must use refund item button instead of remove item button. That's way it's easy to track refunded/removed items.
But if you still want to use Remove Item button then go to menu Configuration - Preferences - Order - Items button
and hide selection from Only admins may Remove items option.
Restart the program after that.
Every time we close order it print receipt automatically even customer don't want it. I need to change it.
Go to menu Configuration - Preferences - Order
hide selection from Print Bill after Close Order option.
Restart the program after that.
When we put enter cash we receive, I like to create short cut button for exact change, $5, $10, $20 like common bill.
It's not possible to do it in current version.
We recorded it as a request feature into To-Do list.
We will send you email upon completion.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

shafiq

Re: How to remove items from orders and other questions

Post by shafiq »

This was a big issue when I implemented the AR Pos in different restaurant. In restaurant field menu items after ordering sometimes required to be void. However AR pos use remove or refund methods. But remove item is not reliable thing hence refund method is used. However I experienced that when item is refunded it deduct the amount from the sale, whereas the refunded it effect should be zero on sale order. To overcome the issue on running order, I told the cashier when he will refund an item, change the price to 0 with the reason of void/refund. This make my life easy. However there is no report of refund items or void items in the reports.

A customized this through connecting the OBDC and MS Excel pivote Tables. Now I can generate all types of reports. Last word the AR POS is the best product in my point of view, including speed, error free, networking and multiusers, custom reporting...feel free to promote this product shafiq.chohan@gmail.com